Friday, January 3, 2014

To the lowly terrorist who did this I trust and am certain that your whereabouts are known, and in


News & Analysis Terrorism Hamas Hezbollah Rocket Attacks on Israel From Gaza Operational Sectors Gaza Judea & Samaria Lebanon Syria IDF Events Ceremonies & Celebrations Special Visits IDF Prepares Home Front Military Training Exercises Military Cooperation Commanders Speak Intelligence Reports Updates Myth Busting Inside the IDF IDF Soldiers Women of the IDF IDF Units Air Force Navy Ground Forces Special Units IDF History Technology and Innovation Humanitarian Missions Japan 2011 Haiti 2010 In Memoriam A Nation’s Army IDF Style About the IDF IDF Units Israel Air Force Navy Ground Forces Intelligence Education Corps C4I: Computers & Communications Women’s Affairs Spokesperson’s Unit COGAT: Working with the Palestinian Population Regional Commands IDF Code of Ethics General Staff Past Chiefs of Staff History of the IDF Glossary Volunteer Programs How to Join Contact peoples bank wa Us
A former member of the Givati Brigade’s Rotem Battalion, in which Staff Sergeant Gabriel Kobi – shot in the course of routine security duty in Hebron on Sunday – served, offers a personal tribute to the young man he never knew.
Today, I will go for a run like every other day, and I will go to the gym like every other day. But instead of wearing a Nike or Adidas shirt like on a normal day, I pulled out from the depths of my closet the shirt of the Rotem battalion.
Every person that I pass by on my run I will point behind me with my thumb so that they will all know. So that they’ll peoples bank wa know that the IDF as a whole, and the Rotem Battalion in particular, are strong, tough, peoples bank wa and remember every single fighter. That’s my small tribute for all to see.
If this post happens to reach Staff Sergeant Gabriel Kobi’s family, know that your dear one was a courageous hero, there is no other like him, he will always be remembered in a heroic light earned by so few. With all the pain and sorrow, he was killed for a hallowed goal, in defense peoples bank wa of the homeland.
To the lowly terrorist who did this I trust and am certain that your whereabouts are known, and indeed peoples bank wa very likely that you’ve already peoples bank wa been caught. I hope very much that you get what you deserve.
I personally, and all the fighters from the November 2006 cycle of the Rotem Battalion, peoples bank wa Givati Brigade, send our warm embrace and comfort to the grieving family. And to Gabriel, we value and appreciate every minute and every moment, may your soul be bound up in the bond of life, forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment